The Drill & Drop is a fully encapsulated, easy to install, soil measurement probe. Probes are available in four lengths, 30cm (12?) (SDI-12 only), 60cm (24?), 90cm (36?) and 120cm (48?), with sensors fixed at every 10cm (4?) increment. It is also available as a single point sensor. Purchase options are any length with soil moisture + temperature sensors or soil moisture + temperature + salinity.
Due to the ease of install and protected electronics, the Drill & Drop is ideally suited to situations where a monitoring probe may need to be moved between sites in short-term and annual crops. Having the electronics completely encapsulated and able to be completely buried also makes the probe suited to long-term installations, where machinery will pass often, such as dryland and feed crops. Being able to leave the probe in the ground means long-term, uninterrupted data trends and comparison between seasons is possible.
The Drill & Drop also covers the issue of data continuity and integrity where the probe does need to be reinstalled. The ingenious tapered probe and matching auger allows direct, slurry-free, installation. This direct installation method means that the probe is measuring ?real? representative soil conditions immediately after install, because the surrounding soil has not been disturbed.
- Four probe length options ? 30cm (12?) (SDI-12 only), 60cm (24?), 90cm (36?) and 120cm (48?)
- Option to measure soil moisture + temperature or soil moisture + temperature + salinity at every 10cm (4?) interval
- Quick and easy undisturbed installation due to tapered shape
- Measures the true soil profile,?not?slurry
- Stable potting material
- Able to be buried to any depth
- Sentek-proven quality soil moisture and salinity measurements
- Sentek-designed and owned integrated chip technology
- Soil temperature resolution 0.3%
- Pre-normalised sensors with in-built default calibration equation
- Single point sensor and 30cm (12?) probe available
Bryan Fontes –
Bryan Fontes –
Easy install. Very fast with Agility Sensor Radio.